Applying to Inspire
Applications are currently being accepted for the Fall of 2019. Students wishing to apply for the Spring of 2019, or students displaced by the Camp Fire may still apply.
Open enrollment for the Fall of 2019 opens December 1, 2018 and runs through January 31, 2019. This is the pool of students from which our enrollment lottery applicants will be drawn. The lottery will be held February 1.
Inspire School of Arts and Sciences is nonsectarian in its programs, admission policies, employment practices, and all other operations, and does not charge tuition nor discriminate against any student based on race, ethnicity, national origin, religion, gender, sexual orientation, perceived sexual orientation, home language, or disability or any other characteristic described in Education Code Section 220.
Capacity permitting, Inspire admits all pupils who wish to attend the school.
If the number of pupils who wish to attend Inspire exceeds the school's capacity, attendance is determined by a public random lottery. As permitted by state and federal charter law, students currently in the charter and their siblings shall be exempt from the lottery. Students who reside within the CUSD attendance boundaries shall be given preference in the lottery over those students who do not. Specifically preferences for enrollment will include the following ranked order:
Continually enrolled students.
The enrollment preferences above are applied at the time of enrollment.
- Siblings of continually enrolled students.
- Children of faculty and staff on site up to 3% of overall enrollment.
- Students re-enrolling at Inspire with a planned leave of absence approved by the Inspire board of directors.
- 10% of Freshman openings shall be available for students residing in the Chapman Elementary attendance boundary.
- Students residing within the Chico Unified attendance boundary.
- All other eligible students.
Inspire is committed to enrolling and graduating a student body representing Chico's diversity, and will target outreach and recruitment efforts to these groups in addition to others.