skip to main content

Cal Grant Opt Out Form

Image result for inspire school of arts and sciences logo
California public high schools are required to submit a Cal Grant high school Grade Point Average (GPA) for all graduating seniors, unless the student or parent has opted out of the submission process. California Education Code section 69432.9 requires the school district or charter school, no later than January 1 of a pupil’s grade 11 academic year, to notify each grade 11 pupil and his or her parent or guardian that the pupil will be deemed a Cal Grant applicant unless the pupil is opted out prior to the high school’s submission of GPAs to the Commission. Students who do not opt out will have their GPA submitted to the Commission to be considered for a Cal Grant award. If you do not want your school to report a GPA, please complete this form and return it to your high school counselor.  

Cal Grant gives funds to every eligible senior student who meets the requirements. A Cal Grant can pay for tuition, room and board, or books and other supplies for California colleges. Cal Grant applicants must also file the FAFSA or the California Dream Act application, as this is how you apply for Cal Grants (if you complete a FAFSA, then you are automatically in the running for a Cal Grant if you meet the requirements and March 2nd deadline in your senior year).

Click here to print and fill out the Cal Grant Opt Out Form

For more information please go to the Cal Grant website

Questions or concerns? Email your students school counselor.