skip to main content

Enrolling your Student

Enrolling your displaced student at Inspire
If your family has been displaced by the Camp Fire, you have many options moving forward to get your kids back in school. Ultimately, you have the right to return your student to their School of Origin, as soon as it is available. In the interim, local area schools are working together to make the transition as smooth as possible.
If you know where you'd like to enroll your student(s), you can go directly to that school site and begin paperwork. If you need a little support figuring out where to enroll your students, Butte County Office of Education is working collaboratively with Butte County 211 to support students and families impacted by the Camp Fire.
  • Beginning Monday, November 19th any family that has a student who is displaced, or lost a home, can reach 211 in many ways:
    • If within Butte or Glenn County simply dial “211” from any phone.
    •  Text the word “School Ties” to “85511” from ANY location.
    • If outside of Butte County call 1-866-916-3566
  • Butte 211 will support the family in reaching the appropriate Butte County Office of Education School Ties Case Manager, depending on where the student is currently staying.
  • The Butte County Office of Education School Ties office case manager will work in conjunction and collaboration with the appropriate district or charter enrollment coordinator to support the student and family.