Mindset Math Camp
*We have scholarships available to students who meet the Free and Reduced Lunch guidelines, thanks to the North Valley Community Foundation! If you are interested in applying for a scholarship, please submit your Lunch Letter from CUSD via email to firstname.lastname@example.org. You may also bring a copy of the letter into the CARD office. Eligible students may use the scholarship for up to 2 camps.
This math camp celebrates the many different ways that we can see and understand mathematical ideas. Come learn how math is an open, creative, and visual subject. Our camp will show you that every problem can be seen and solved differently. Students will learn about the brain science behind learning mathematics and gain insight into things like
- there is no such thing as a math person
- mistakes are really good for your brain
- when you are stuck and challenged, that is the best time for your brain
- speed is not important, and many mathematicians work slowly
- when we think visually and with numbers, we encourage important brain connections
Each day will include different math tasks that illustrate the above insights through tasks that build number sense, pattern recognition, geometry, graphing, algebraic thinking, and collaboration.
Instructor: Danielle Reynolds
M-F | 7/24 – 7/28 | 9:00 AM – 12:00 PM