Inspire Counseling: Empowering Everyone

Our vision is that every student will leave Inspire School of Arts & Sciences college and career ready with the knowledge, skills and confidence to effectively identify, select, plan, and prepare for college or post-secondary training, leading to a career of their choice.

Our Counselors

Your school counselor is here for you! We work behind the scenes to ensure that you are on track to graduate from Inspire and become the best version of yourself. We are always happy to meet with you for just about anything, whether you want to talk about classes, your life in school and outside of school, or your future. While students are welcome to stop by the office to chat, we are not always available. The best way to reach your counselor is to email them to set up an appointment, or request that someone in the front office adds you to our schedule!
School counselors help students with academic, career, and personal/social development. Our counselors check in with each student individually every year to ensure they are on track academically and emotionally, and twice a year with seniors during the Fall and Spring semesters. School counselors are required to have a Masters in Counseling, and are trained in mental health and crisis interventions. If your student is in need of more consistent, regular support, please reach out to your student's school counselor.


Graduation Requirements

There are two major obligations that must be completed in order to obtain an Inspire School of Arts and Sciences Diploma and participate in graduation ceremonies. All students must complete all CORE requirements (including completion of Integrated Math 1 or the equivalent) and earn a minimum of 255 credits. More information on the CORE requirements for each grade can be found in the respective Counseling Advisory Presentation.
4 years
40 credits
Fine Art/Foreign Lang/CTE
1 year
10 credits
1 year
5 credits
Algebra/Math 1
1 year
10 credits
2 years
20 credits
2 years
20 credits
Life Science
1 year
10 credits
Physical Science
1 year
10 credits
Additional Science
1 year
10 credits
1 semester
5 credits
American Government
1 semester
5 credits
US History
1 year
10 credits
World History
1 year
10 credits
4 years
90 credits

Counseling advisory presentations

Inspire’s UC A-G Articulation

Students wishing to apply to a California State University or University of California (CSU/UC) school must complete at least 15 courses that satisfy the A-G requirements with a grade of C or better. A complete list of Inspire’s A-G classes can be found here:
Complete list of Inspire’s A-G classes

Transcript Request Form

If you need an official copy of you/your student’s transcript emailed or mailed, please use the following form to request it in a timely manner:
Request Student's Transcript

Class Change Policy

Students at Inspire are enrolled in a year-long program and should plan accordingly. Inspire does not offer semester-long courses. Students are placed in their classes based on graduation requirements and counselor review of transcripts, pre-requisite fulfillment, and student input during the course selection process.
Students can drop and add classes for the first two weeks of the semester without prior approval from teachers. For the next two weeks, students can change their classes but must fill out the "Request to Drop a Class" form. After the first four weeks of the semester, students can request to drop a class but will receive an "F" in that course (at the teacher's discretion).
Beyond the first four weeks of the semester, students cannot change their schedule without a serious and compelling reason. Changes that are requested without a serious or compelling reason must be done through Administration.
More information is available in the Student/Parent Handbook.


  • Scholarships
  • FAFSA Information
  • Butte College for Seniors & Concurrent Enrollment
  • UC/CSU Information
  • ELC
    • Scholarships are a great way for you to be rewarded for the work you have done throughout high school.  Scholarships are FREE money that does not need to be paid back. Any student who plans on attending a 2-year, 4-year, or career/technical school after high school should apply for scholarships.
    • Check Out our Senior Scholarship Folder!
      • This online resource can help students find general information about scholarships and financial aid and is regularly updated with lists of Community, School, and External Scholarships for students.
      • New opportunities are posted throughout the semester, so be sure to check regularly! 
    • Inspire Foundation Scholarships
      • Every year, the Inspire Foundation issues 3 scholarships and 2 awards for $1,000 each to that year’s graduating class. They are, The Essence of Inspire Award, the Pursuit of Passion Award, the Inspired by the Arts Scholarship, the Inspired by Science Scholarship, and the Academic Excellence Scholarship. 
      • CLASS OF 2023, CLICK HERE TO APPLY – DUE 4/16/23
    • CCSA Application Information
      • The Chico Community Scholarship Association is Butte County’s BIGGEST Scholarship opportunity! All graduating students have the opportunity to fill out this one application to apply to hundreds of community scholarships and donations. The Application usually opens in November and is due in early February.
    • Every year, Inspire hosts a Senior Awards Night to honor our outstanding students. This event recognizes our students who have won scholarships and other community accolades as well as honors students from each department who have shown Excellence and Outstanding Achievement in their area.
    • The Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) is the only way that students can apply for grants and student loans for college, and it is also required for the Butte College Promise Scholarship. As of the 2022-2023 school year, all California seniors must complete the FAFSA or fill out a FAFSA opt-out form.
    • Fill out the FAFSA here.
    • Fill out the CADAA (for AB 540 students only) here.
    • Find the FAFSA opt-out form here.
    • Concurrent Enrollment
      • Concurrent Enrollment allows students to take Butte College classes for free to earn college and high school credit. Classes must be taken outside of the Inspire school day. Students who are interested in taking Butte College classes while still enrolled at Inspire can find more information below. 
    • Butte College application
      • Every Inspire senior has the ability to attend Butte College after high school. The Butte College Promise Scholarship waives all tuition and fees for students. Find out how to apply below!
    • Reg2Go
      • Reg2Go is a program for seniors who are planning on attending Butte College after high school. Butte College representatives will come to Inspire to present to students on what Butte has to offer, as well as an application workshop. Seniors who are a part of the Reg2Go program through Butte College have the ability to visit the Butte College Oroville campus, meet with a counselor one-on-one, and receive priority registration for their classes.
    • Students wishing to apply to a California State University or University of California (CSU/UC) school must complete at least 15 courses that satisfy the A-G requirements with a grade of C or better. Students planning to attend a CSU school must earn a GPA of 2.5 or higher in these classes, and students planning to attend a UC must earn a GPA of 3.0 or higher in these classes. Chico State is Inspire’s “School of Service” so any graduating student who meets at least the minimum requirements will be given priority  admission. Please note that satisfying these requirements does NOT guarantee admission to any school. More information can be found here:
    • Inspire students are automatically considered for the University of California “Eligibility in the Local Context” (ELC) Program. The ELC Program “esnures that academically talented and deserving California resident students…have the opportunity to join us at a UC.” Eligibility is determined by rank in the top 9% of the rising senior class as indicated by weighted UC/CSU GPA. ELC students who are not admitted to the UC campus of their choice will be offered a spot in a UC program that has space.
    • If you do not wish to be considered for the UC ELC program, you must fill out the ELC opt out form prior to your junior year

Mental Health Resources

  • National Resources
  • Local Resources
  • Additional Resources
    • “The 988 Suicide & Crisis Lifeline is a national network of local crisis centers”
    • The Trevor Lifeline
      • The Trevor Project is a 24/7/365 Lifeline for queer-identifying individuals who are struggling with a mental health crisis 1-866-488-7386
    • The Trans Lifeline
      • The Trans Lifeline is a support line for trans and questioning individuals
      • 1-877-565-8860
    • Rape, Abuse and Incest National Network (RAINN) 1-800-656-4673
    • National Domestic Violence Hotline 1-800-799-7233
    • Butte County Crisis Center: 800-334-6622 or 530-891-2810 Open 24/7  Click Here to learn more about the Butte County Crisis Center
    • 2-1-1 Butte County – call the 2-1-1 helpline 24 hours/day for live help
    • Youth4Change
      • Youth4Change is a counseling service available to high school students who are in need of one-on-one, family, group counseling, or other resources
    • HEART program/6th street
    • Victor
      • Victor is a community organization that helps families and individuals get to connect with counselors who can meet their needs.
    • Catalyst Domestic Violence Services
    • California Child Abuse Reporting Emergency Response Hotline
      • If you, for any reason, suspect a child is in danger, do not hesitate to contact Child Protective Services
      • (530)-538-7882  or (800)-400-0902 – 24 hours
    • How can I get my child connected with an outside counselor?
      • The easiest way to get connected with community resources is to reach out to your insurance provider for a list of programs and therapists that are available to you. If you need additional support, you can reach out to your student’s school counselor for school and other outside resources.

Enroll now for the 2024-2025 school year!

Apply Today!